Earlier this year, I wrote a blog post regarding all of the Catholic places I’d like to visit. Sites included the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in Lourdes, France. All of these places are wonderful, holy sites that can enrich our faith. But, when you live in the United States and hopping a plane to Mexico City or continental Europe on a whim isn’t an option, it’s favorable to check out the holy places in your own backyard.
Below is a list of a few places I would love to visit, especially in the near future when I move to New York City. Certainly, I will miss some worthy places, so drop a comment below and let me know where I should visit.
Roamin’ Catholic: USA Edition
- St. John Paul II National Shrine, Washington, D.C.
- The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington, D.C.
- Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament, Hanceville, AL
- Shrine of St. Therese, Darien, IL
- Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, La Crosse, WI
- Lourdes in Litchfield, Litchfield, CT
- Our Lady of Good Help, Champion, WI (The only Vatican-approved apparition site in the USA)
- St. Kateri National Shrine and Historic Site, Fonda, NY
- Shrine and Parish Church of the Holy Innocents, New York, NY
- Shrine of Our Lady of La Sallette, Altamont, NY
- Shrine of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Philadelphia, PA
Where are places you’ve traveled? Drop a note below!