Welcome to your weekend! Also, thank you for visiting my second Media Friday. Today, I want to share an online women’s ministry that is near and dear to my heart: Blessed is She.
Why did I choose Blessed is She for this week’s Media Friday? Answer: For the vibrant online community.
In the Kentucky county where I reside, the U.S. Census reveals that a majority of its inhabitants are Catholic. However, in the northern half of the county where I live, I’m probably the only Catholic living in the zip code. This is not an exaggeration. Thankfully, I attend Mass at an awesome parish about 30 minutes from my house. The people there are awesome and it’s the first time I’ve felt at “home” in a church in nearly a decade.
But, because we live in a rural region, it’s sometimes more difficult to connect with Catholic women in my own age group. I’m in a really odd spot right now: I’m too old to be a considered a member of the youth, and I’m slowly inching out of the young adult phase of my life. I’m not yet married, and I’m the only Catholic in my family. Sometimes, it can feel like a one-woman production.
This is where Blessed is She steps in and fills some of the fellowship gaps that many Catholic women (of all ages) experience.
Just a few of the wonderful ministries Blessed is She provides are:
- Daily devotionals based on the daily Mass readings, conveniently delivered to your email every morning.
- Online groups for women based on geographical location. You can find the link for the Southern region here.
- A wonderful store with unique items like Advent journals, prints, and religious gifts.
- Facebook live Teachable Tuesdays (which are uploaded here to YouTube).
- Free monthly web-based, live workshops for those with a Blessed is She paid membership. Side note: Membership is $99 per year and is well worth the investment. November’s workshop taught us about finding your “saintly tribe” and studying the earthly lives of our heavenly friends. Members also receive Advent and Lent journals auto-shipped to their address.
- Finally, a wonderfully made and very beautiful Liturgical Planner. You’ll never forget a Day of Obligation again!
To learn more about Blessed is She and their wonderful media ministry to women, please visit:
Finally, check out their awesome Liturgical Planner video: